Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Reaching Goals in 2011

Long-term goals are reached by working on them one day at a time.

Happy New Year, Everyone. It's time for reassessing, reorganizing and regrouping in order to set and meet goals for 2011.

A few days ago I set up a plan to meet my goals for this year. As usual, I've got a long list of things I hope to accomplish. At first glance the list is rather disheartening. I wonder just how I will have enough time to accomplish everything I want to get done.

When that gloomy feeling came over me I wanted to cross a few things off the list. I knew I'd have to make sacrifices in order to succeed in reaching all of my goals. But success doesn't come to quitters (unless quitting is their objective as in giving up smoking or some other activity :-) ).

Once I "womaned up" and decided to forge ahead despite the difficulty I'm bound to have in achieving my goals, I set up a day to day plan I will enact and follow in order to reach my goals.

We're all familiar with the saying, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." It's a well-known saying because it is true. No matter how lofty our goals may be, we can achieve them by consistently working toward them each and every day whether we are trying to quit smoking, lose weight or complete that first novel.

Best of luck to all of you in reaching your goals in 2011, and God bless each and every one of you with a wonderful year.

Fran

Fran Shaff, Award-Winning Author
http://sits.google.com/site/fshaff

No comments: